Silica (SiO2) is the oxide of silicon, the most abundant essential trace element in animals after iron and zinc. It occurs in crystalline form, such as quartz, or amorphous form, such as bottle glass and the silica found in plants. Amorphous silica is non-toxic via oral, dermal and ocular routes of exposure. In water it dissolves to form orthosilicic acid (Si(OH)4), the bioavailable form of silicon that's associated with healthy connective tissue growth.
All ingredients are odorless, non-volatile, water miscible, chemically stable, non-irritating and non-toxic. Zarasyl is oil free and being water based ensures a moist, semi-occlusive environment.